Communities in Georgia strive to improve the quality of life for their children and families through collaboration. Georgia Family Connection, a statewide network of 159 county collaborative organizations, drives that collaboration. The goal is for kids to be healthy, ready to start school and do well when they get there, and for our families to be stable and self-sufficient. GA FCP has been making that happen for more than 20 years.
Each of the collaborative serve as the local decision-making body in its county, bringing community partners together to develop, implement, and evaluate plans that address the serious challenges facing Georgia's children and families.
We envision a Georgia where all children are healthy, ready to start school and do well when they get there, and where every family is stable and self-sufficient.
The consensus among state government, the private sector and communities is that Georgia can only thrive when its children are healthy and succeed in school, and when their families are stable and self-sufficient. Georgia Family Connection Partnership (GaFCP), a nonprofit public-private intermediary, exists to:
- unify their commitment to Georgia’s children and families,
- make sure their efforts to improve the lives of children and families work and,
- protect every dime of their investment in Georgia’s future.
Work closely with communities to:
- Foster relationships with local partners
- Increase policymakers’ awareness of local issues
- Implement proven programs and practices
- Leverage additional funding to support
- Healthy Children
- School Readiness
- School Success
- Self- sufficient Families
- Strong Communities